Search This Blog

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Notes on Part 5

Even at this late stage of my course I still feel a deep seated compulsion to try and hide brushwork.
Looking upon Part 5 as my opportunity to finally bring more spontaneity to my final paintings, using painting  a more expressive way than earlier. Throughout the course I felt there wasn't enough scope for this, but if I am totally honest with myself (often not easy) it was really more a case of myself holding myself back, so I haven't been brave or relaxed enough in my approach much of the time and the result is often restrained.
In doing so the result is to remove any previous potential for personality so it basically becomes an exercise in neatness and tidiness. When it is finished I then see something crucial is lacking - life..

No comments:

Post a Comment